Stay safe in District 200-U! here are a few helpful tips to keep everyone safe this year:
Students riding a school bus should always:
• Arrive at the bus stop five minutes early.
• Stand at least 5 giant steps (10 feet) away from the
edge of the road.
• Wait until the bus stops, the door opens, and the driver
says it’s okay before stepping onto the bus.
• Be careful that clothing with drawstrings and book
bags with straps or dangling objects do not get caught
in the handrail or door when exiting the bus.
• Check both ways for cars before stepping off the bus.
Crossing students should:
• Walk in front of the bus; never walk behind the bus.
• Walk on the sidewalk or along the side of the road to a
point at least 10 giant steps ahead of the bus.
• Be sure the bus driver can see them, and they can see
the bus driver.
• Wait for the driver’s signal to cross.
National Poster Contest Winner: