Medical Reminders for All Students:
- Physicals – Students new to Illinois or entering Early Childhood, Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grade are required to have a physical (dated within one year of the first day of the school year) with the required immunizations prior to October 15th or they will not be allowed to attend until the appropriate documents have been received.
- Sports Physicals – Incoming 6th and 9th graders may use an Illinois school physical in lieu of a sports physical, however, a sports physical CANNOT be accepted as proof of a physical examination for mandated physicals.
- Dental – Students entering Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th, and 9th grade are required to have a dental examination prior to May 15th.
- Vision – Students new to Illinois or entering Kindergarten are required to have a vision examination prior to October 15th. Students must have a vision exam by a licensed Optometrist/Ophthalmologist. Throughout the year vision and hearing screenings will be conducted by an Illinois certified technician as mandated by the state of Illinois. Vision screening is NOT a substitute for a complete eye and vision examination by an eye doctor. Your child is not required to undergo the vision screening if an optometrist or ophthalmologist has completed and signed a report indicating that an eye examination has been administered within the previous 12 months and on file at school.
- Meningococcal Vaccinations (MCV4) – All 12th grade students will need to show proof of two doses of the meningococcal vaccine unless the first dose was administered after the age of 16, then one dose is required.
- Medications – For all grade levels, if you and your doctor feel that your child will need any medications (Prescription AND/OR over- the-counter) throughout the school year, a medication authorization form needs to be completed by your physician and be on file at the school.
- Health Updates – Please contact the school if any previously reported medical condition changes or with any new additional medical updates.